Digado wrote a very nice article about possible business models for Virtual Worlds. In short, those are
- Inworld Economy: buying and selling virtual goods
- Business Integration: conferences, meetings, brainstorms.
- Brand Presence/Avartising: presenting your real life product, service or brand in a virtual world.
- Content Creation: thats what we are doing
- Services for Virtual Entrepreneurs: tools that make business in virtual worlds easier, like SLexchange and OnRez<
- Create your own Virtual Environment: branded virtual worlds like Mattels Barbie Girls
Just thought it was a nice piece to share!